Scoring your dream job is a lot like sex and dating. And you’ve been thinking about them your whole life, right? See, you’re more of a job-search expert than you thought!
To further boost your confidence, I’ve listed 7 similarities between the job-search and sex and dating.
- Your friends can set you up (networking)
- You seek out your match online
- You break the ice with a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation (builds trust)
- You get dressed up (think classy like Gossip Girl and Mad Men)
- You share your best stories (professional and educational successes)
- You show interest and ask good questions (you want to know more about them!)
- You round the “Bases of the Interview” and score your dream job
Knowledge creates confidence. Confidence is sexy. Being (professionally) sexy gets you hired.
-Dominic Bokich, author of Sex and Your Job Search